Monday, July 25, 2011

24-A What are you Waiting For?

The topic this week has changed because something more fitting showed up for me this morning.  I have missed a few days on Facebook and checked this morning and found out a high school friend had passed away.  I was reading his obituary and watching the video clips on the news about his death and I noticed the huge impact his life had on so many people.  He was a hero and he lead an inspiring life and it seems like he lived his life by doing and not just saying.  We can only hope to make an impact the way he has. 

After last weeks topic about finding your purpose, I thought some motivation to truly living your purpose would follow up nicely.  We never know how much time we have here and reading about my friend made me think about my life and how I have so much I want to do.  But, what am I waiting for?  I can tell myself I will start my charity when I have more money or that I will be a better mother or wife when I have less stress and more time, but I don't really have to wait to do all of these things do I?  What am I waiting for?  What are you waiting for?

Decide what you want to accomplish in your life and start taking steps to do it.  Don't wait because you never know how much time you have.  Start making your impact today!

Questions:
Either journal about these questions or spend some time thinking through each answer.
- Are you living your purpose?
- Are you living the life you were made for?
- Are you accomplishing the things you want in your life?
- What are you waiting for?
- What is holding you back from doing all of these things today?

Fieldwork:
What would your obituary say about you if you passed away today?  What would you want it to say if you live for another 50 years?  If it does not say what you want it to say, begin making changes in your life so you are working towards fulfilling your dreams.

Topic 23 Bonus Challenge:
Go out of your way to do something extra nice or helpful for someone today. It can be a friend, family or stranger, but challenge yourself to do something you may not normally do for someone else!

Enjoy the journey!
Coach Gaye

No comments:

Post a Comment