Last week when I wrote about leaving your ego behind, I mentioned using your ego in a positive way to serve others and your greater purpose. When I wrote this, I thought, that sounds great, but how many people truly know what their purpose is?
If you look inside yourself, you will find your true purpose and calling. You have to follow your passion and joy and share your true being with others. Some people may have an "aha" moment and know exactly what their calling is and what path they are destined to take in life. Others have to really question themselves and open themselves up to find their true purpose. Which category do you fall in?
I mentioned before that when I found Life Coaching, I knew I had found my perfect fit. I always knew helping others would play a part in my life and when I found Coaching, I knew I found my true purpose. I was at a point in my life when I was ready and open to find what I wanted to do for the rest of my life and I found it in Coaching, I had an "aha" moment, but it was after spending tons of time researching and exploring myself and different career options. I hope each of you are ready to explore your life and I hope each of you find your true purpose and calling.
Either spend some time thinking through your answers or journal about each of the questions.
- Do you ever wonder why you are here and what purpose your life is supposed to serve?
- Are you open to finding your true purpose in life?
- When are you the happiest?
- Is there a way to incorporate this in a way that serves others?
- If you could be doing anything, what would it be?
- When you weren't concerned about money and bills, what did you enjoy spending your time doing?
- What is your purpose?
- How can you live your life so you are true to your purpose?
- What do you need to do to live on purpose?
Evaluate your life and define when you are happiest and what you think your true purpose is. Are you living your life sharing your true purpose? If not, what changes can you begin to make to open yourself up to finding your purpose and sharing that with others? Take at least one step towards this goal.
Enjoy the journey!