Last week we talked about looking inside when things get tough or when we feel stuck. Another way to help when you are stuck is to listen to your heart. If you approach things from your heart and through your heart, you will notice a huge difference in how you handle everything around you.
I have been working on this lately and have noticed huge shifts in my coaching and in my everyday life. I can feel the difference when I approach things through my heart instead of letting my ego take over. When I am able to go through my heart and present myself to the world that way, I know I am on the right path and the path for my future opens up right before me. It aligns me with the universe and connects me to everyone around me and I want that for each of you. It is amazing the difference you can create in your life by making this one change!
By shifting your focus from just reacting to the external things going on around you to approaching each situation through your heart, you will bring compassion and love to each situation and that is exactly what life will present to you. Remember, what you put out there is what you get back. If you are able to make a conscious effort to listen to your heart and work through your heart, you can absolutely affect the type of life you lead.
Either journal about these questions or spend some time thinking through your answers.
- Do you come through your heart when you approach most situations?
- Is there a way for you to be more conscious of what your heart is saying to you?
- If you listen to your heart, what is it telling you?
- How would it feel to come from a place of love, compassion and understanding?
- Can you notice a difference when you come from your heart and when you don't?
- Which place feels better to you?
- Where do you choose to live your life?
Spend a few quiet moments with your heart. Ask if there is anything it needs you to know and listen to what your heart opens up for you. Begin to make this a practice you do on a regular basis. Open your heart and notice the changes it makes in your life.
Enjoy the journey!